Tuesday 19 March 2013

Making the gingerbread men!

So it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be...
I'm not great at following recipes, I tend to skip bits of the recipe because I am in such a rush to get it over and done with! (Not a fan of cooking as you can see!)

One of the steps that I found difficult was to know when the dough was tough enough. If I didn't kneed the dough enough then it would be too moist and most probably would stick all over the counter when I rolled the dough put. So I think I may have let the dough go too hard but in the end I must admit that they were VERY tasty!

One of the silliest steps in the recipe was that I had to roll out the dough to 0.5cm thickness which I doubt anyone is going to be careful enough to measure how thick their dough is. I personally found that when I rolled out the dough to 0.5cm thickness it was extremely hard to cut out the gingerbread men because when I lifted them off the counter try would tear because the dough was so thin.

I rolled the dough out much thicker and it we easier to cut out the gingerbread men. Who said we have to follow recipes strictly?

Overall, I would describe them to be delicious. I'm not in a rush to make them again though!!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah

    This is an interesting idea for a blog, but I got a bit lost about what you were doing at the school - were you going to make the gingerbread men with the children? Did you take them in to give to the children? How does your choice of food relate to your points about cannibalism in the earlier entry? It might be interesting to think about how (the) children eat anthropomorphic food - do they ignore its form, do they blood-thirstily dwell on it? The material we look at this week in class might be helpful in thinking about the rest of your entries.
    (Can you try and define the intentions of your blog a bit more clearly in your first entry?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those gingerbread men look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow my mouth is watering just by looking at those gingerbread men I am so making them at home

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so adorable! I absolutely adore gingerbread! I'll have to make these around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete